Tuesday, June 7, 2011

San Francisco Bakery and Cafe (2900 W Anderson Ln)

My Jennie wanted to go here for her birthday lunch yesterday, so I obliged.  It's a small place near the Alamo Drafthouse Village that serves sandwiches, soups, salads, quiches, breakfast til 11am, cookies, and other pastries.  I ordered the Union Square: (Baguette) $6.69 Hot Cappicola, Peppered Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef, Lettuce, Tomato, Provolone, Mayo & Dijon, served with my choice of Ruffles or carrot and celery sticks.   
 
this is only half of the foot long sandwich
One reason I like to eat at the San Francisco Bakery is that they make all their bread from scratch (White\Wheat\Sourdough\Baguette\Croissant) and they only use the best quality deli meat (Boar's Head).  Plus, the smell of fresh baked cookies is always appealing to my palette.  Everything was delicious and fresh.  Washing it all down with a Republic of Tea Passion fruit Papaya Black tea in a compostable/bio-degradable to-go cup. 





http://www.urbanspoon.com/San-Francisco-Bakery-and-Cafe-Austin