Friday, June 24, 2011

Noble Pig (11815 620 N., Suite 4)

Located in a small shopping center on 620 N. just east of El Salido, lies a small hidden gem called Noble Pig.  My wife had eaten here before and suggested that I give it a try because she knows how much I like my pork.  Another good reason to dine with my wife is that it gives me the opportunity to split meals so that I can taste more food, always a plus for Boogie.  She ordered the

SMOKED DUCK PASTRAMI WITH RUSSIAN DRESSING AND RYE PICKLES ….8

 and I ordered the TNP (The Noble Pig).

THE NOBLE PIG – SPICY HAM, PULLED PORK, PROVOLONE AND BACON….8

I honestly can't tell you which was better because they were both fantastic.  Both were juicy and flavorful.  The meats just fall apart in your mouth and with the added texture of the toasted bread, everything was scrumptious.  I have been on the hunt for a decent pulled pork sandwich in Central Austin for years and I finally found one that surpassed it.  From the impression that I got, the bread is made in house and many of the ingredients are from local farms and sources.   The sides are all homemade too.  The potato chips where nice and crunchy and the vegetable slaw spicy and good.  We also ordered a new side on the menu, pork and beans, which were the best I have ever had!  The sandwiches are quite large and full that we were both able to take half each home for dinner later on.  (I was in luck that my wife was meeting friends out for dinner so I got to eat both of them.) 
I will definitely return to give my allegiance to the Noble Pig, the only problem I foresee it what to get next.... order the same thing again or try the Creole Catfish or Knuckle Sandwich.  


       
         They serve breakfast til noon and
         lunch from 10:30 to 3pm (M-Thurs) and 5pm (Fri-Sat.)
         and it does start getting a bit crowded around noon. 

 Noble Pig website:
http://www.noblepigaustin.com/