Monday, July 25, 2011

Man Bites Dog (5222 Burnet Road)

I think I have found my favorite hot dog joint at Man Bites Dog.  They have a variety of hot dogs, corn dogs, and salads to choose from.   It took me several minutes to narrow it down to one dog because there were so many dogs that looked yummy.  

I ordered up the Beer Brat  ($4.79)
Smokey Denmark’ s Live Oak Beer Brat with sauerkraut & spicy brown mustard



and a side of fried pickles (if a place sells them, I have to buy them for some reason).


The hot dog hit the bulls eye.  The bread was somewhat sweet, the brat juicy with the aromas and flavors of the Live Oak Beer, and the sauerkraut transported me to village in Germany.  I savored each and every bite.  The fried pickles on the other had missed the target completely. Sliced like hamburger pickles, fried, and served with ranch dressing, they were too dry with too much crunch.  It was a good thing that I still had some dog left to finish my lunch with so that I could leave with a smile on my face and in my belly.

Will be going back soon to take my wife.  I think my next dog will either be the Boss Dog, the Abe Froman, or the Bottle Rocket.


Website: http://manbitesdogaustin.com/
one of the best websites I have come across.. they have pics of each specialty dog, as we all know most of us eat with our eyes.